vivoPharm provides a range of contract clinical pathology services
- Haematology: full blood examinations, including total and differential white blood cell counts and red blood counts and indices, can be determined in a range of species using an ADVIA 2120 Haematology Analyser.
- Coagulation parameters determined include prothrombin times and activated partial thromboplastin times, using a Start5 Coagulation Analyser
- Clinical Biochemistry: a full range of parameters can be determined using a Konelab 20XTi Random Access Analyser.
- Urinalysis: performed using dip-stick methods.
- Macroscopic pathology: necropsies with external and internal examinations and weights of critical organs are performed under the supervision of a US board certified veterinary pathologist.
- Microscopic pathology: tissues are collected at necropsy and trimmed according to RITA guidelines. Tissues are then processed within to produce haematoxylin and eosin-stained slides for microscopic examination by a US board certified veterinary pathologist.
vivoPharm also offers clinical pathology testing for samples sent from another site.
Services are performed within vivoPharm’s test facility in compliance with GLP requirements and in accordance with regulatory test guidelines. Non-GLP services are also available on request.
vivoPharm can deliver affordable histology service of the utmost quality. Services include specimen handling, tissue cut-up, tissue preparation, embedding, sectioning, haematoxylin and eosin slide preparation and microscopic examination of slides performed by US board certified veterinary pathologist. Trimming and organ sampling is performed according to RITA guidelines followed up with necessary slide staining procedures.